Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Central Line - Shake It Up



'Shake It Up' is the B-Side to 'Don't Tell Me' by Central Line. In my humble opinion it's a trillion times better than the A-Side, which I've always found quite mediocre to be honest. Having said that, all it takes is somebody to drop it at the right time to change my mind completely.

When I finally picked this up on wax I couldn't wait to play it in a club environment. It totally flopped when I did though! Maybe it was the wrong time, I dunno, but I haven't been able to make it work since. Not being able to make a song work on the dancefloor is frustrating & can sometimes make me like it a little less than before [right then, I'll just listen to you at home if you're not gonna make these guys dance!]. The opposite happens as well though. I love when a DJ literally makes me enjoy a song I wasn't into before.

There's so much to love about this tune.

Early 80's boogie bassline - yep
Dirty smoky groove - smokin'
Amazing vocal arrangement - throughout
Sleazy guitar solo - towards the end
80's passion - oozing the stuff


In fact, when I first got this I thought I'd keep it to myself as a secret weapon & not post it up here. But seeing as it doesn't seem to do much on the dancefloor [at the right time, yes I'm sure it would] it's found its way up here.

Central Line - Shake It Up

"I love when you do, what you do, when you're dancin' baby..."

Pick it up on wax for next to nothing here, or ask your local record shop if they've got it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH! been looking for this track!!!

Louis said...

no problem, glad I could help :D