Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Laidback - White Horse [Automan Edit]



I've been flicking through these Overheard In Dublin books recently. Quite a few entries are Dublin Bus related so I thought I'd scan a favourite & accompany it with an appropriate tune. The day a horse got on Tony McDermot's bus in Darndale is stuff of legend round these parts. I cried with laughter, we all did.

Laid Back - White Horse [Automan Edit]

I milked White Horse by Laid Back so much the first time I heard it, I don't really enjoy it as much anymore. The version above is the Automan edit. Automan is a bootleg italo disco re-edit label/person responsible for making lots of hard to come by italo tunes available again to us mortals over the last couple of years, albeit in re-edited form. At this stage some of them fetch top dollar due to their high demand, similar to the original releases. The edits tend to be simple stretch & remaster jobs, which I'm down with, fo sho. A lot of edits that are currently flooding the record shops are beefed up to hideous proportions, losing the beautiful frequencies that exist in the originals; I've never had a problem with the Automan releases in that respect. I've always presumed it to be one of the Dutch electro guys putting them out, but I've just noticed on discogs it says a lad called Jonathan Burnip is responsible, who's also released his own material on Soul Jazz under the name Capracara. If his tune below is anything to go by he sounds pretty promising.

3 comments:

alex said...

Louis - had no idea yer man was Capracara. Check out the new "king of the witches" 12" on DFA - the rub 'n'tug remix on the flip is dope. And if we're talkin Laid Back.... Baker Man is bakin bread. Looking forward to finally meeting you at Airbound!!

MilkyJoe said...

That flashback tune is whopper!

louis::dublinbusdisco said...

@ Alex will defo check that, nice one, I've been in 'try to buy music from the last 10 years' mode for a while now, and yea I look frwd to meeting you at airbound too! roll on roll on!! only 2 weeks now...

@ milkyjoe, tis a whopper aye!