Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Roy Ayers - Coffy Is The Color



Currently obsessed with this song. Wish it was longer. After a long stressful day, listen to this on repeat in the car on the way home & have a little solo karaoke session to shake off the bad vibes, maaan! Then put it on the stereo as soon as you get home & listen to it on repeat again while you cook up a storm. Repeat until stress free.

Roy Ayers - Coffy Is The Color


I've meant for years to check Roy out properly. He's a vibraphonist, don'tcha know. Believe it or not, the pun above was unintentional when I wrote it. Everybody Loves The Sunshine is a huge favourite, and I'll certainly be pulling me dusty copy out if the sun makes a reappearance here soon.

Coffy Is The Color appears on Roy's soundtrack to the film "Coffy", which I haven't seen & can't comment on. But if the soundtrack is by Roy Ayers it should be enjoyable for da tunes at least in all inanywayz.

Coffy is the color...

4 comments:

gmos said...

he's the man! he's done a lot of cheesy stuff, and some of his albums are a bit patchy, but there's so many gems in his catalogue

I'd recommend checking the Mystic Voyage album

louis::dublinbusdisco said...

nice one G, I'll defo check Mystic Voyage, he has so much stuff I've never known where to start, now I do!

Peter PleasureCruise said...

coffy is a great movie. pam grier is badazz. thank for the track lous!

John Mahon said...

Seen him 3 times now,never dissapoints.
Some amount of energy for an old man