Tuesday, December 1, 2009

$$$ // Intrigue - I Like It // Kit N' Caboodle this Thurs



Seeing as nobody has any of the stuff anymore & it's the subject of worldwide attention everyday on the news, I thought I'd do a(nother) money themed post. Just a quick one.
Intrigue were an early 80s UK Soul / Boogie group with one release in particular being highly sought after by DJs & collectors, 'I Like It'. Original copies go for over a 100 bills & the repress ain't cheap neither. I don't own it yet, this is just a collection of 1s & os that have been sitting on my comp for ages. At least it's ripped from someone who did own the wax. I've put this on most mix CDs I've made for folks over the last while. Tis pure gold boy!

Intrigue - I Like It

"If your love was like money in the bank...I'd invest & maybe take a chance"

If you've got a few sheckles to your name you could do worse than coming down to the Twisted Pepper this Thursday where some DBD friends will be selling handmade jewellery, crafts, vintage clothing & CAKES! There'll be prints, paintings and projections exhibited from local artists too & I'll be spinning from 8-11pm after a live set from Secret Sound Society in the Mezz. In all there'll be two floors of art work, stalls, tunes and tasty bites!

We kick off at 6:30 & it's FREE in. Buzz down and get some xmas presents for your hippy mates.
RSVP on facebook HERE.

4 comments:

Pauly said...

"handmade jewellery, crafts, vintage clothing & CAKES! There'll be prints, paintings and projections exhibited from local artists too"

this all sounds very hippy-ish to me Louis, next you'll be cycling and blogging about bus drivers driving too fast up and down the quays

;)

Louis said...

ha ha you're right pauly,

I'm a bit of a hippycrite ;)

pauly said...

I jest of course. I am a card-carrying hippy cyclist art loving long haired pinko, and no mistake

DBD said...

aaaahahahaha, well as a wise young fella in the year below me in school once said "I don't moind hippies, ye can trust them"

wise words, which have been immortalized among my mates!