Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Taco - Cheek To Cheek Edit


Neither myself nor the boys down the garage know a whole lot about Taco. He's a creepy lookin' Dutch dude based in Germany who released some material through the 80s. I used to love the wackiness of 'Puttin' on the Ritz', I'm not into it so much anymore, but it's worth checking out if you've never heard it.

I picked up his LP 'After Eight' cheaply in a second hand shop last year. I've done a quick edit of 'Cheek To Cheek', as some of the original is truly unlistenable, while the rest is cooler than a polar bears veranda.... I think this is one of the strongest examples I've come across of a tune badly needing an edit, most of the vox in the original are wack as can be, while there's some super slick action going on underneath. Terje or one of those boyos would do a good job on this one..

Taco - Cheek To Cheek [dublinbusdisco edit]
Taco - Cheek To Cheek [original]


Taco - Cheek To Cheek [dublinbusdisco edit]


I've included the original above so you can see just how bad the vox are.

soundcloud.com/louis-scully

2 comments:

Tune Talk said...

great edit! cheers from Vaartstraat 223.

Louis said...

cheers mate :)