Friday, April 30, 2010

Cheap Tune Of The Day / Moby - Everyday Is 1989


I'm going to start posting tunes that are dirt cheap on discogs, so if you're a DJ & you like it, you've no excuse not to buy it on wax. Preach!

Don't get me wrong, I've never been a big Moby fan. I still own the double LP 'Play' from when it came out, but everyone with even the slightest interest in chewns back then bought that album. 2007's release on Mute Records sees him hark back to the glory days of house with 'Everyday Is 1989', to glorious effect oi reckon. Simple effective piano led house with screaming female vocals, bewraful.

Moby - Everyday Is 1989
Moby - Everyday Is 1989 - on discogs

I used to play this a lot, I played it at one of those after hours parties last year in a certain restaurant/club in town, before the owner got himself into a spot of trouble the day before Airbound last year. If you were there you'll know what I'm talkin' about..

Anywho, hope this kicks off your bank holiday weekend nicely, and if you're in Dublin this Sunday I might see you at this.

No comments: