Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ronnie Milsap - Prisoner Of The Highway


For those of you who aren't in the '70s / '80s country-rock loop, Ronnie Milsap is a legend of the genre. Or so the internets tells me anyway.

I was recently flicking through my ever increasing pile of abandoned records and found an LP of Ronnie's in it, not entirely a diamond in the dust but the last tune on side A, 'Prisoner Of The Highway', had escaped the attention of my ears the first time I'd listened to it, and err, for whatever reason really hit the spot that evening. I think I listened to it about 10 times in a row. It was a top 10 hit for the blind country popstar when it came out in '84, and while fairly anthemic yacht-rock it's not exactly one for everyday play. Drop his name next time you're chatting up a middle-aged country woman.

Ronnie Milsap - Prisoner Of The Highway [320 vinyl rip]

"Got a wife living back in Tennessee
And she tries to understand the way I feel
I could give my hands to another line of work
But my heart would always be behind the wheel."

1 comment:

Robert said...

One of my favorites...thanks for sharing the complete song!